Turkesterone is an ecdysteroid, which are steroid hormones that are commonly found in arthropods and insects, but may also be found in certain plant species.
Turkesterone may help promote lipid and carbohydrate metabolism, improve protein synthesis, aid muscle hypertrophy & increase strength.
Most supplement brands currently marketing Turkesterone are recommending a daily dose between 500mg – 1000mg per day.
- Assists to Build Lean Muscle Mass: Turkesterone supplements have been shown in studies to help to build lean muscle mass through a myriad of cellular pathways, including increased protein synthesis & optimising the mRNA translation process whilst helping to decrease body fat.
- Enhanced Muscle Repair & Growth: Ajuga Turkestanica Extract assists in muscle repair and growth through promoting leucine uptake into muscle cells.
- Increased Protein Synthesis: As protein synthesis is increased via the aforementioned pathways, it creates a positive nitrogen balance within the cell, which can assist to prevent muscle breakdown during intense exercise or periods of calorie deficit.
- Adaptogenic Properties: Turkesterone can have beneficial effects on mental performance and stress reduction through adaptogenic properties; which are attributed to supplements that counteract stress hormones within the body. For this reason, Turkesterone is often used as a part of a comprehensive PCT.
- No Hormone Suppression: Turkesterone has been shown to have no negative implications for testosterone production, with no suppression found. As a result there are no unwanted side effects commonly found with testosterone based supplements.